Discover Sailing Courses offer a structured way to learn to sail for people either new to the sport or with basic skills that they wish to develop. You can register for GLYC’s Sailing School (Start Sailing) with no prior sailing experience, or you may have already had an opportunity to get out on the water through participating in Discover Sailing Day, a Get Active Sailing experience or the Tackers program. Everyone is welcome!
In season 2018/19, GLYC’s Sailing School – Start Sailing program will:
- Offer learn to sail training for relatively inexperienced sailors
- Cover the Start Sailing 1 and 2 syllabus including Preparation, Boats and Equipment, Ropework, Safety and Emergencies, Skills and Techniques, Sailing Theory and Weather and the Environment.
- Start Sailing 1 and Start Sailing 2 will run in parallel, and which stream will depend on the prior experience of the student.
- There will be 7 x 3 hour (nominal) sessions, commencing on Sunday 11 November 2018
- Sessions will run each Sunday morning from 9am to 12noon, including preparation and clean-up time.
Cost for Juniors / Youth, up to 18 years old (includes Junior Membership):
- $165 for first year sailing school students (includes Discover Sailing Pack). Register here
- $125 for returning second year students. Register here
Cost for Youth, 18-25 years old (includes Intermediate Membership):
- $210 for first year sailing school students (includes Discover Sailing Pack). Register here
- $170 for returning second year students. Register here
Cost for Adults (includes Social Membership):
Discounts are available for current GLYC members. This fee is primarily just to cover the costs incurred by the Club in running these courses, all time input is voluntary.