Please note: all information below is COVID pending, please check the GLYC website frequently for updates.
Discover Sailing Courses offer a structured way to learn to sail for people either new to the sport or with basic skills that they wish to develop. You can register for GLYC Discover Sailing Centre (Start Sailing) with no prior sailing experience, or you may have already had an opportunity to get out on the water through participating in Discover Sailing Day, ‘Get Active Sailing’ experience or the Tackers program. Everyone is welcome!
In season 2021/22, GLYC’s Sailing School – Start Sailing program will:
- Offer learn-to-sail training for relatively inexperienced sailors
- Cover the Start Sailing 1 and 2 syllabus including preparation, boats and equipment, rope work, safety and emergencies, skills and techniques, sailing theory and weather and the environment.
- Start Sailing 1 and Start Sailing 2 will run in parallel, and which stream will depend on the prior experience of the student.
- There will be 6 x 3 hour (nominal) sessions, commencing on Sunday 30 January 2022
- Sessions will run each Sunday morning from 9am to 12noon, including preparation and clean-up time.
Costs for 18 hours tuition and use of club equipment:
- $180.00 non-members (includes 6-week membership).
- $130.00 for members
These charges are primarily just to cover the costs incurred by the Club in running these courses, all time input is voluntary.
For any further information and / or an enrolment form please email Lyn Wallace on email@example.com