PLEASE NOTE: GLYC FACILITIES REMAIN CLOSED TO MEMBERS AND VISITORS EXCEPT DURING DEFINED SAILING EVENTS, APOLOGIES FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE CAUSED. WE WILL NOT BE ISSUING VISITOR FOBS THIS SEASON.
GLYC welcomes yachting visitors to the Gippsland Lakes. You are welcome to drop by the bar on a Friday night to chat with members, and also to race with us on Tuesday Twilights and Sundays if you wish (subject to conditions).
Should you wish to make use of our facilities during your stay you are welcome to take out an access fob to give you use of our showers and toilets. We are by no means a full service marina, in fact we have no marina, but we do provide clean and comfortable facilities to visiting sailors who are staying on visitor jetties in Paynesville.
If you would like to access our facilities while you are here, the process is as follows. We need to point out that we are a totally volunteer club and that there is no-one at the Club for the majority of the week and it is closed up.
- If at all possible contact us ahead of time at firstname.lastname@example.org and advise when you are arriving and how long you plan to stay.
- When we reply you then deposit by EFT, $20 per 2 week stay, and a $20 fob deposit into our bank account (Gippsland Lakes Yacht Club, 633-000, 126663053).
- We will send you by return email the code to a key safe near the door to our facilities area and on arrival you can simply open the safe and take your fob.
- When you depart Paynesville, just leave the fob with your bank account details in our fob return box and we will return the $20 deposit to you.
- This fob does not provide access into our Club rooms, only to the facilities corridor.
If you are already in Paynesville, feel free to contact the Secretary at the above email address, or on 0408 589 805.