GLYC is a fully volunteer club. We appreciate the demands on people of all ages, and therefore do our best to provide programs that are fun, safe, accessible and affordable to all. We cannot do this without our fabulous team of club volunteers, supporters and our sponsors. We are exceptionally grateful for your ongoing support of GLYC’s Junior and Youth Sailing Program:
- Our Discover Sailing Centre team on and off water volunteers
- Paynesville & District Community Bank branch – Bendigo Bank; major sponsor of the 2017/18 Junior and Youth Sailing Program, enabling GLYC to increase our number of qualified Dinghy Instructors, improve our Training Fleet dollies with new solid wheels and provide further coaching opportunities for those competing in regattas.
- The This Girl Can VicHealth campaign for providing funds to fit spinnakers to our Pacer training boats, increasing the sailing opportunities at GLYC.
- GLYC is a 2019 Supporter of the This Girl Can, Victoria promotion engaging girls and women in a range of sports including sailing. The grant from This Girl Can covered the costs of three young women obtaining their Aust Sailing Instructors qualification, and one female member completing a Race Management Course. #ThisGirlCanVic
- Australian Sailing (Victoria); 2018 funding to run a free Discover Windsurfing Weekend at GLYC, with qualified instructors and beginner boards available.
- Australian Government Stronger Communities; 2017 grant to contribute to the purchase of our Opti training fleet for our Tackers program
- Whitworths; sponsorship contribution to the purchase of our Opti training fleet for our Tackers program
- Webster Marine: supporter of the Paynesville Primary School Sailing Program for season 2017/2018 and 2018/19
- VicHealth; 2016 grant to purchase our new training fleet pacer ‘Out and About’.
- Australian Government Government Stronger Sporting Communities; 2016 grant to purchase sunsmart quick dry caps and GLYC rashies for our junior and youth sailors.
- Victorian Trailable Yacht Association; 2017 donation enabling the purchase of sailing helmets for the Junior and Youth Sailing Program.
- Victorian Government Athlete Pathway Travel Grants; 2015 grant contributing to travel costs of GLYC juniors attending the WinterSail coaching regatta at Albert Park Lake in Melbourne.
We welcome your support
Business and corporate sponsors are welcomed to support GLYC’s junior and youth sailing program. We have a number of sponsorship packages that may suit your profile and budget. Please contact GLYC’s Sponsorship Coordinator Colin Johansen, who would be happy to discuss options.
Through the Australian Sports Foundation, GLYC’s Junior and Youth Sailing Program has a fund established whereby tax deductable donations can be made that will directly contribute to the maintenance of our training fleet, equipment and instructor costs. Funding will also be used to provide coaching opportunities and regatta support for our growing youth fleet. Donations can be made via the ASF portal.