For our up and coming junior sailors, GLYC offers a Green Fleet program, aimed at developing our novice and youth fleets. This program will:
- Be for those sailors who have progressed beyond Start Sailing 1 and 2, and are now focused on better sailing
- Offer two courses:
Better Sailing – focused on enhancing sailing confidence of our up and coming novice sailors who have progressed beyond Sunday Sailing School. Club Pacers, minnows or own boats can be utilised in this group. The Better Sailing program will on Friday nights for sailors >12 years, and on Sunday mornings (with Sailing School) for sailors <12 years old.
Start & Better Racing – development sessions for our youth and racing novices will continue this season on Friday evenings. A guest mentor with particular expertise in the topics being covered, will work with the group each week. These sessions will be specifically focused for those currently or beginning to compete in club racing and/or attending regattas. Sailors of all ages, with boats of all sizes are welcome.
- Friday Night Green Fleet will begin on Friday 13 October, and run from 5.15pm – 7.15pm.
- Cost will be $60 for the 10 sessions, leading right up to the Xmas period (note: all Green fleet participants need to be GLYC members).
- Registration and payment for Green Fleet will be at 10am on Saturday 7 October 2017. This is also GLYC’s Season 2017-18 Opening Day; the perfect opportunity to register for Green Fleet, attend the Commodore’s opening; participate in the traditional Sail Past; and for those keen, participate in the opening weekend racing.
Division Cool (post Christmas)
Division Cool is an opportunity for those in Green Fleet, plus those GLYC junior members who have completed Start Sailing 1 and 2, to continue sailing post the Xmas/New Year break. Conducted on designated Sunday mornings, Division Cool focuses on:
- Extending sailing skills
- Having fun
- Learning team skills
- Diversity in sailing skills
- Having fun
- Having fun!!!