GLYC is an a Tackers endorsed Discover Sailing Centre. Each September, January and Easter School Holidays instructors from Australian Sailing are at GLYC to run learn to sail programs for both kids aged 7-12 (in the club’s Ozi Optis) and for Teens / Adults (in the Club’s pacers). School Holiday Program places are limited, so we recommend getting your registration in early (payment can be made closer to the date).
This season we have on offer:
- Tackers 1: ‘Having Fun’ – ideal for the beginner level, sailing for the first time
Easter school holidays: 3 – 7 April 2018 (Tackers 1 registrations now open)
- Tackers 2: ‘Tricks and Techniques’ – for those who have completed Tackers 1, are wanting to improve their sailing skills and are starting to sail solo
Easter school holidays: 3 – 7 April 2018 (Tackers 2 registrations now open)
- Tackers 3: ‘Sailing Fast and Get into Racing’ – for those who have completed Tackers 2, who are confident in sailing solo and wanting to improve their solo sailing skills.
Easter school holidays: 3 – 7 April 2018 (Tackers 3 registrations now open)
- Adult and Teens Start Sailing: ‘Beginner level’ – ideal for those sailing for the first time or with limited sailing experience. At the end of the course we expect you to be able to jump on any boat, big or small and be a valuable sailing member.
Easter school holidays: 3 – 7 April 2018 (Start sailing 1 & 2 registrations now open)
- Adult and Teens Better Sailing: ‘Better Sailing’ – for graduates of Tackers 3 (and progressing to green fleet), or adults/teens who have completed Adult Start Sailing. Participants will sail 2-up in GLYC Pacers.
Easter school holidays: 3 – 7 April 2018 (Better Sailing registrations now open)